Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Error #10037 could not find 'link'

J_S_1
Beginner

Hi Intel Team,

I'm truly sorry for posting this topic once again, but I cannot seem to find a solution despite all previous posts on the topic. I have 

MS VS Professional 2015 installed, with the 2015 MS Visual C++ (x86) and (x64) packages installed on my system (Windows 7 professional, 64 bit, intel i5).

I recently purchased and installed Intel parallel studio XE2016 composer for Fortan. The package is recognised within VS and I can access and edit .vfproj projects, however whenever I try to compile I always get the error listed above:

error #10037 could not find 'link'

This is regardless of whether I try to compile in Win32 or x64. I updated my Redistributables for Visual C++ and re-installed, but as exctly the same problem. The topic at 

https://software.intel.com/de-de/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/280266

refers only to issues building with command line, and the guru Steve Lionel suggests against the suggestions recommended in the topic at:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/278472 ,

even though I cannot locate anywhere the cvars32.bat or vcvars64.bat files which the author of that posts suggests editing. I would have hoped this error would be cleared up in the newer releases, but apparently it is still causing problems. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The Visual C++ redistributable packages have no connection with building applications. Most likely you picked the default install of VS2015 which does not include C++ compiler support required by Intel Visual Fortran.

Please rerun the VS2015 installer (or do a Change/Modify on VS2015 from Programs and Features) and check the box for C++ under Languages. Once that completes, the Fortran builds will probably work. If not, reinstall Intel Parallel Studio XE (or do a modify on that and just click through all of the pages, making sure that when you get to the page about VS integration that you check the one for VS2015.

0 Kudos