Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Error: The operation could not be completed

jirina
New Contributor I

I am using IPS XE 2016 Update 4 with VS 2010 Pro SP1 and I am getting the error "Error: The operation could not be completed" when I am trying to rebuild the (only) project in the solution or the whole solution.

I manually cleaned the contents of the corresponding folder to see whether anything appear there, but there are no files written to the folder.

This started happening after uninstalling IPS XE 2019 Beta; what could possibly go wrong? Should I reinstall IPS XE 2016 to be able to build my solution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jirina
New Contributor I

I have just realized that uninstalling IPS XE 2019 Beta made the installation of IPS XE 2017 Update 2 disappear from the list of installed programs, so I am going to uninstall any IPS XE, manually clean install folders and re-install both 2016 U4 and 2017 U2 I was using.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

the fortran integrations are associated with the highest level installed.

0 Kudos
jirina
New Contributor I

I uninstalled all IPS versions and re-installed 2016 U4 and 2017 U2, everything works well again. Thank you for pointing out the fact about Fortran integrations.

0 Kudos