Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Expired license

Cao__Yanmei
Beginner

Hi I am working with ABAQUS , visual studio 2012 and Intel composer XE 2013.

Unfortunately a license is expired and I was guided to a website to download a toolkit 2022.

The thing is I can only work with VS2012 and XE 2013, I don't think ABAQUS 6.14 works fine with 2022 version. All I need is to renew the license...Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I think that you still have some misconceptions about what software is required to be present and configured.

If you want to build DLLs from Fortran source for use by Abaqus, you need the OneAPI compiler installed and working, and you need to reconfigure Abaqus to use this compiler rather than the XE2013 compiler.

For the OneAPI compiler to work, regardless of whether or not you intend to use it with Abaqus, you need a compatible version of VisualStudio installed, as stipulated in the release notes for the version of OneAPI that you intend to install.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I a guessing the licence expired was a trial or student licence?  Such things do not exist anymore as the latest OneAPI is free to use! If you search this forum you will find threads that will help you with the latest version.

0 Kudos
Cao__Yanmei
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the reply. Yes that's a student license. I have read some threads with the same issue and installed the oneAPI HPC Toolkit. However the same error appears and I guess there are more things I need to do...

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

What do you mean by "the same error appears"?

Installing OneAPI will not enable you to run the XE2013 compiler with an expired license. You will have to reconfigure Abaqus so that its DLL building scripts use the OneAPI compiler instead of the old compiler. There are a number of forum posts, some quite recent, that deal with that topic. Please review those threads.

0 Kudos
Cao__Yanmei
Beginner

Hi, sorry for not making it clear~

I did not successfully link OneAPI to ABAQUS... I thought VS 2012 could work fine since I read some comments that any VS can work fine with OneAPI.

Obviously I need to install either VS 2017 or VS 2019...

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I think that you still have some misconceptions about what software is required to be present and configured.

If you want to build DLLs from Fortran source for use by Abaqus, you need the OneAPI compiler installed and working, and you need to reconfigure Abaqus to use this compiler rather than the XE2013 compiler.

For the OneAPI compiler to work, regardless of whether or not you intend to use it with Abaqus, you need a compatible version of VisualStudio installed, as stipulated in the release notes for the version of OneAPI that you intend to install.

0 Kudos
Cao__Yanmei
Beginner

You are correct! I kind of solved problem... Just the ABAQUS Verification has errors with user subroutines...I see I ca run my simulation now but lack of log.file...

0 Kudos