Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran 11.0.72 License file

Sudhir1
Beginner

Hi

I am using Intel Fortran 11.0.072 for last 5 year. Since yesterday I started getting message Flexlm error. Then I tried to re-install FORTRAN. It gave me error license file is invalid. Could you please send me the license file named - intel_TBE.lic

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron_Green

I have escalated this issue to our License and Startup Support team. They'll help you out with your old 11.0 license IF POSSIBLE.  Keep in mind the System Requirements for the 11.0 compiler - I hope you have a really old OS installed:

Linux:  RHEL 4, 5, or 6.   Ubuntu 10.04

Windows: XP SP3, Vista, Window 7, Windows server 2003.  Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.

If you are trying to install on anything newer it will not work.

As others have said, your best bet is to try the oneAPI Compiler IFORT (not IFX) and get your code to work with it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

why not use the latest OneAPI Fortran compiler, it is free to download and use, only technical support is to pay for if you wanted that. 11.x is very very old.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

I have escalated this issue to our License and Startup Support team. They'll help you out with your old 11.0 license IF POSSIBLE.  Keep in mind the System Requirements for the 11.0 compiler - I hope you have a really old OS installed:

Linux:  RHEL 4, 5, or 6.   Ubuntu 10.04

Windows: XP SP3, Vista, Window 7, Windows server 2003.  Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.

If you are trying to install on anything newer it will not work.

As others have said, your best bet is to try the oneAPI Compiler IFORT (not IFX) and get your code to work with it.

0 Kudos
Sudhir1
Beginner

First error I got is

VC.exe not found

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I am not sure you will get an solution to such a question. What did you actually do?

0 Kudos
Sudhir1
Beginner

Thanks for reply

I tried compiling my programme using new OneAPI fortran but couldn't succeed in compiling the code which i have written over 5-6 years. Is there any way to convert same code which can run in new fortran or debugging line by line is the only option. 

Thanks & Regards

Sudhir

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

1. It is very unlikely that the new compiler will not directly compile the old code

2. New compilers fix bugs that old compilers missed and fixing unknown bugs is important 

3. Tell us the errors - give a screen shot of a log file. 

4. It is worth the effort 

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

post the buildlog.html file which has all the compile options and errors in it. Most "problems" will be a very easy fix either by compiler option or fixing code non-conformances that were not picked up in the older  compiler.

0 Kudos