Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran 2016 installation: set the environment variables

Laurent_I_
Beginner

I am working on Mac OS X 10.11.2, under bash.

After installing Fortran 2016 I tried to set the environment variables as follows:

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

I obtained the following message:

bash:  /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh: line 130: syntax error: unexpected end of file

What could be the problem ? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Would you please attach a .gz or .zip of the compilervars.sh on your system? Maybe it is corrupted.

0 Kudos
Laurent_I_
Beginner

Hello,

here is the compilervars.sh file, in a tar.gz file. Despite the problem mentioned in my previous email, I could make ifort work. With the command ifort -V, under bash, I obtain:

Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 16.0.1.111 Build 20151020 Copyright (C) 1985-2015 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

HOWEVER, with the compilation options -g or -debug all, a directory is created:  executable_name.dSYM/.  Such a directory is not created with my older version of Intel Fortran (11.1 from 2009). Does it have anything to do with the compilervars.sh issue, or is it a totally different problem ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Laurent_I_
Beginner

More precisely, only preliminary tests suggest that ifort seems to work correctly (despite the compilervars.sh problem, and except the problem of the  ... .dSYM directory created with -g option).  I need to carry out further tests.

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

That directory is created by dsymutil, which the driver invokes for you when you ask for debugging information.

Is this causing you a problem, or was it just "something new"?

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Laurent_I_
Beginner

Ok, if you say that this ... .dSYM directory is something new, I accept it (it does not bother me). The point is that it did not exist in the 11.1 version from 2009. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos