Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

GETFILEINFOQQ files and/or directories?

Scott_L_
New Contributor I

On Windows, Does GETFILEINFOQQ with wildcard string return files only or files and directories?   If only files, is there a way to list directories with wild card matching?   

It seems DELFILESQQ may delete directories or not depending on the file system.  It seems to delete directories on a local disk but not on a network disk (Linux with SAMBA).  Or it may depend on something else.

thanks

scott

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

As the documentation says, it will return directories - the FILE$INFO structure will have the FILE$DIR bit set.

I have read earlier that deleting files on network shares can be problematic. You may want to see if the Windows API routine DeleteFile works better for you.

0 Kudos
Scott_L_
New Contributor I

It seems like in initial testing, that GETFILEINFOQQ  with wild card input string does not seem to capture directories.

I have directories   junk   and jun11  and I try to get the files matching junk*.

The purpose is to recursively delete directories (could be wildcard syntax)  in Fortran.

On Windows 7;  using intel fortran 17.1.   I am also trying to get our code working on both Windows and Linux, both 17.1.

Some retirement Steve...

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I took the documentation's example for GETFILEINFOQQ, built it and ran it, specifying a folder I had created with two subfolders and two files. Note that I used * as the wildcard and not *.*, which would exclude directories. The only change I made was to use A20 for the file name output format. Here's what I got:

Enter wildcard of files to view: E:\Temp\*
 .                           0      D
 ..                          0      D
 File1.txt                   0     A
 File2.rtf                   7     A
 Folder1                     0      D
 Folder2                     0      D
Press any key to continue . . .

As you can see, it found the subdirectories as well as the hidden . and .. directories described in the documentation.

0 Kudos