Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28701 Discussions

How do I get rid of those PESKY line numbers?

WSinc
New Contributor I
In a recent post, I got an example of FORTAN code, and I wanted to compile it and play with it.

But I can't cut and paste the code with including the line numbers (1.,2.,3., etc.)

It highlights the code I want to copy, but it adds the line numbers that are on the LEFT.
Is there a way to copy those to a local file without a painstaking edit of every line?

In fact, some of the line numbers appear in the MIDDLE of a line when I cut and paste it
from the forum window.

I don't see a "save from forum window" option anywhere.
NEVER MIND - there was a "save to clipboard" option in eensy-teensy letters.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There's also "View Plain" for those using browsers where the "Copy to Clipboard" doesn't work, such as Firefox.
0 Kudos
joerg_kuthe
Novice

In case you don't get rid of those line numbers, you can also mark columns and delete these in Visual Studio's Editor:

Place the caret a the top left corner of the column range you want mark.
Press the Alt-key and the Shift-key. Keep them pressed.
Push the left mouse button (don't release it yet) and drag the mouse to the bottom right corner of the column range to be selected.
Alternativeley, you may also use the cursor/arrow keys to mark thecolumn range.
Then release the keys you have pressed.
Now, do want you want with the selected area (delete it, move it ...)

Sometimes, before deleting/moving columns, you better check for tabulator characters and replace these by blanks (Ctrl-R and Ctrl-F help here to make tabs visible and to find & replace them, respectively).

Joerg Kuthe
www.qtsoftware.com

0 Kudos