Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

How do I set the destination for .mod files?

BearofLittleBrain1
New Contributor I

I have VS 2022 & IVF 2022 installed and am busy recompiling CVF Legacy files, starting with my User-created libraries.  In CVF, I (eventually) arranged things so that source files and module files all appeared in D:\Lib and for each project D:\Lib was added to the list of places to look for them.

But in IVF I can’t figure how to do this, despite reading a number of helpful articles.  Can you help please?

I noticed that my old FormatMessage calls did not work and had to be changed to FormatMessage_G1 after looking in kernel32.  All my othe API calls worked, so why this oddity?

BearofLitlleBrain

(Yes, me again)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Output Files > Module Path

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

The compiler builtin help says:

/module:path
specify path where mod files should be placed and first location to
look for mod files

I am not sure there is a specific entry in the VS Properties to set it. If notyou can set it via the Command Line option.

0 Kudos
BearofLittleBrain1
New Contributor I

Arjen_Marcus,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I have looked all over the VS Properties and thought i had it by right-clicking on the project name in Solutions Explorer > Properties > General > Output Directory which I set to D:\Lib.  But that didn't work.

I'd like to try to use the command line option, but don't know how to do it.

BearofLittleBrain

0 Kudos
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

Go to the Properties/Fortran/Command Line tab.  Under Additional Options you can fill in any options you want. Take care though: a relative path for /module:"", like "..\lib" will put the files relative to your VS project file. So some "directory juggling" may be required.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Output Files > Module Path

BearofLittleBrain1
New Contributor I

Steve,

Many thanks - problem solved.

BearofLittleBrain

0 Kudos