Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28597 Discussions

How to access NAG FORTRAN LIBRARY

moncef
Beginner

to resolve an optoimisation problem Ineed touse the least square method but i dont now how to access the nag_lsq_sol code.
If somoeone can send this code or show me how to download or buy it.
Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Numerical Algorithms Group

You may want to look to see if the included Intel Math Kernel Library has a routine that will serve the purpose.
0 Kudos
nag-support
Beginner

Greetings. "nag_lsq_sol" certainly sounds like one of ours, though I'm having a little bit of trouble locating it myself; perhaps this is an older code?

If you could describe your platform and a little bit about what you are trying to do, I may be able to point you to an appropriate port and specific algorithm. In the meantime, you might wish to review the contents of theoptimization chapter of the NAG Fortran Library, available here.

Best wishes,

NAG Support

0 Kudos
moncef
Beginner
Quoting - nag-support

Greetings. "nag_lsq_sol" certainly sounds like one of ours, though I'm having a little bit of trouble locating it myself; perhaps this is an older code?

If you could describe your platform and a little bit about what you are trying to do, I may be able to point you to an appropriate port and specific algorithm. In the meantime, you might wish to review the contents of theoptimization chapter of the NAG Fortran Library, available here.

Best wishes,

NAG Support

0 Kudos
moncef
Beginner
Quoting - nag-support

Best wishes,

NAG Support

I developpe a model of gray gases to calculate absorption coefficientsfor a given gas mixture. For this, i have to minimize the square of the difference beteewen mixture emmisivities evaluated by correlation and those calculated bythe model.
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Quoting - moncef

to resolve an optoimisation problem Ineed touse the least square method but i dont now how to access the nag_lsq_sol code.
If somoeone can send this code or show me how to download or buy it.
Thanks for your help

LAPACK (and thus MKL) routines for least squares problems are *GELS*. See http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lug/node27.html (there's also a corresponding page in MKL documentation).
0 Kudos