Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

How to move FORTRAN license server from computers being replaced to a new computer?

GlenFlint
Novice

We are currently replacing two of our three remaining license servers.  We'd like to move the license server to one, and only one, new computer.  How do we go about doing this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

My memory is a bit hazy on this, but I recall an option at the Intel Registration Center where the registered license account can do this by selecting "Manage license" or something like that. If you need more help, you can contact Intel support. There used to be a forum for licensing and download issues, but no more.

GlenFlint
Novice

Every time I try to go to support it leads me to this page... https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support-registration-form.html

When I enter my email address it  says I have an account.  It's the same one I'm logged onto the intel site.

Do we need to purchase an Intel support contract to get help moving the license file?

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/ 

Go to the site where you register the programs and there is a html link to do what you want to do - it appears 

Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

No, you don't have to purchase support to move a license file. I did say you could do this in the Registration Center, as @JohnNichols suggests.

0 Kudos
GlenFlint
Novice

IntelLicenseManager.PNG

The Registration Center allows me to change the email address of the Primary Owner and Administrator.  I can also download or email the license file.  But I can't see a way to change the license server(s) in the license file.  Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Please delete the screenshot or edit it to mask the serial number.

I don't have a floating license so I can't try this for you. When I did a "Community Search" on moving licenses, most of the hits said you could do this through the Registration Center. You should be able to ask for support on this.

0 Kudos