Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

How to obtain an executable file from a Fortran code with MATLAB mex

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have a code containing MATLAB mex functions (enabling "calling" MATLAB files). It works well with the "debug" configuration, but I want to convert it into an executable file which allows me to use it without visual studio. I tried to change the configuration into "release" to get the executable file, but there are a lot of errors with the MATLAB mex part. It would be very helpful if anyone can tell me how to obtain this exe file.

Thank you!

The environment is: 64bit win10;  Intel parallel studio XE 2017fortran + Microsoft visual studio 2017.

The output information are:

1>------ Build started: Project: DNSQ_TEST, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler 17.0.7.272 [Intel(R) 64]...
1>FCN.f90
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(1): warning #5117: Bad # preprocessor line
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(3): warning #5117: Bad # preprocessor line
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(5): warning #5117: Bad # preprocessor line
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(12): error #5082: Syntax error, found IDENTIFIER 'ENGOPEN' when expecting one of: => = . [ % ( :
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(13): error #5082: Syntax error, found IDENTIFIER 'MXGETPR' when expecting one of: => = . [ % ( :
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(14): error #5082: Syntax error, found IDENTIFIER 'EP' when expecting one of: => = . [ % ( :
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(18): error #5082: Syntax error, found IDENTIFIER 'I' when expecting one of: => = . [ % ( :
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(21): error #5082: Syntax error, found IDENTIFIER 'M' when expecting one of: => = . [ % ( :
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(16): error #6236: A specification statement cannot appear in the executable section.
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(17): error #6236: A specification statement cannot appear in the executable section.
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(22): error #6236: A specification statement cannot appear in the executable section.
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(23): error #6236: A specification statement cannot appear in the executable section.
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(12): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [ENGOPEN]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(12): error #6304: This format specifier must be of type INTEGER.   [ENGOPEN]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(12): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [ENGGETVARIABLE]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(12): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [MXCREATEDOUBLEMATRIX]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(14): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [EP]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(14): error #6304: This format specifier must be of type INTEGER.   [EP]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(14): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.  
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(14): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.  
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(21): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.  
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(21): error #6304: This format specifier must be of type INTEGER.  
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(21): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [NN]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(34): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [MXGETPR]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(39): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [STATUS]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(39): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [ENGPUTVARIABLE]
1>C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90(58): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [ENGEVALSTRING]
1>compilation aborted for C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\FCN.f90 (code 1)
1>
1>Build log written to  "file://C:\Users\Rui\FORTRAN\DNSQ_TEST\DNSQ_TEST\x64\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>DNSQ_TEST - 25 error(s), 3 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

The related subroutine is:

SUBROUTINE FCN(N,X,FVEC,IFLAG)
        implicit none
        INTEGER N,IFLAG
        DOUBLE PRECISION X(N),FVEC(N)
      	mwPointer engOpen, engGetVariable, mxCreateDoubleMatrix  
     	mwPointer mxGetPr
     	mwPointer ep, G, T 
      	integer engPutVariable, engEvalString, engClose
      	integer temp, status
      	mwSize i
      	mwSize M, NN 
      	parameter(M=1) 
      	parameter(NN=9) 

ep = engOpen('matlabx')

if (ep .eq. 0) then
         write(6,*) 'Can''t start MATLAB engine'
         stop
      	endif

G = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(M, NN, 0) 
      	call mxCopyReal8ToPtr(X, mxGetPr(G), NN) 

status = engPutVariable(ep, 'G', G)

if (status .ne. 0) then 
         write(6,*) 'engPutVariable failed'
         stop
      	endif

if (engEvalString(ep, 'TEMP_test1') .ne. 0) then  

write(6,*) 'engEvalString failed'
         stop
      	endif

T = engGetVariable(ep, 'T')
      	call mxCopyPtrToReal8(mxGetPr(T), FVEC, NN) 
      	call mxDestroyArray(G)
      	call mxDestroyArray(T)

end

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
1 View

Are you missing some lines in

Jump to solution

Are you missing some lines in your program?   The first three messages indicate that there are preprocessing lines (beginning with the character "#") but none show in the code you have posted.

"swpointer" is not a valid Fortran construct, nor is "swsize"

Let me guess that the missing lines look something like this:
#define swpointer integer(kind=int_ptr_kind())
#define swsize integer

If my guess is true, then you need to mark the RELEASE configuration use the preprocessor, as you did for the DEBUG configuration.

--Lorri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Are you missing some lines in

Jump to solution

Are you missing some lines in your program?   The first three messages indicate that there are preprocessing lines (beginning with the character "#") but none show in the code you have posted.

#define swsize integer

If my guess is true, then you need to mark the RELEASE configuration use the preprocessor, as you did for the DEBUG configuration.

--Lorri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

Hi Lorri,

Jump to solution

Hi Lorri,

Thank you so much! Yes, I need to reset the preprocessor and other options, and then the problem can be solved.

Rui

Lorri Menard (Intel) wrote:

#define swsize integer

--Lorri

0 Kudos