Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Ifort not found

Globe
Beginner

Hi, I've been using ifort and mpiifort with Ubuntu 18 until my student license expired and I'm having trouble getting them to work again. I've downloaded and successfully installed the default (non-custom) version of oneAPI Base Toolkit and then oneAPI HPC Toolkit. I tried adding the line "source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh intel64"to my bashrc script and removing the line I had for the expired compiler, which was "source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64". I also tried "/opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh". Ifort isn't recognized when I change bashrc, here is an example of what happens :

:: initializing oneAPI environment ...
bash: BASH_VERSION = 4.4.20(1)-release
:: advisor -- latest
:: ccl -- latest
:: compiler -- latest
:: dal -- latest
:: debugger -- latest
:: dev-utilities -- latest
:: dnnl -- latest
:: dpcpp-ct -- latest
:: dpl -- latest
:: intelpython -- latest
:: ipp -- latest
:: ippcp -- latest
:: ipp -- latest
:: mkl -- latest
:: mpi -- latest
:: tbb -- latest
:: vpl -- latest
:: vtune -- latest
:: oneAPI environment initialized ::

john@Soph:~/Desktop/project$ ifort test.f90

Command 'ifort' not found, did you mean:

command 'isort' from deb isort

Try: sudo apt install <deb name>

john@Soph:~/Desktop/project$

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

compilervars.sh intel64

I am not really into UNIX, but in OneAPI, Intel had a feast of tidying everything up and renaming a lot of stuff.  Dr Fortran has made a few interesting comments about the change.  

You might have to hunt through the folders and find what the new *.sh files work.  

I am on a computer which is using the old Fortran Parallel Studio - my other computer is switched off and buried and so I cannot look easily. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

compilervars.sh intel64

I am not really into UNIX, but in OneAPI, Intel had a feast of tidying everything up and renaming a lot of stuff.  Dr Fortran has made a few interesting comments about the change.  

You might have to hunt through the folders and find what the new *.sh files work.  

I am on a computer which is using the old Fortran Parallel Studio - my other computer is switched off and buried and so I cannot look easily. 

0 Kudos
Globe
Beginner

I fixed the problem. The correct setvars.sh was in a new directory which the installer gives.

0 Kudos