Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

Intel Fortran Compiler 2020 update 4 wont integrate with Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 11

Baird__David
Beginner

On my new Windows 11 PC, when I run install.exe (Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows*) unpacked from parallel_studio_xe_2020_update4_composer_edition_for_fortran_setup.exe (894,531,904 bytes) on my PC, the installer crashes after the first screen if I run it under my user account. If I run it as administrator, it works, but then doesn't integrate with MSVS 2019 as the IFort compiler doesn't show up in the MSVS help about. I'm running MSVS 2019 16.11.15 on  Windows 11 21H2 (22000.675) fully up to date on Windows Update. The Windows sfc scan shows no system corruption. The same installer with the same MSVC 16.11.15 works fine on my old Windows 10 PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, David.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Barbara_P_Intel

Intel just started supporting Windows 11 with oneAPI 2022.1. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

Intel just started supporting Windows 11 with oneAPI 2022.1. 

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

For some reason, unknown to me as to why, this problem occurs with some computers.  I have been running the Windows preview for 5 years, you normally have no trouble with VS 2019 and the Intel Installer, except occasionally, and then it really will not install without a wipe and rebuild.  I have a NUC in that condition at the moment, but I do not need it, but the installer simply will not work.  

Try the latest one api as the moderator suggests,  hopefully it will work, but as I found with a couple of computers sometimes it does not.  

The issue is the rapid rates of change of Windows, VS and ONEAPI simultaneously. 

0 Kudos
Baird__David
Beginner

Thanks for the input. I've switched to Fortran 2022.1 but with being part of a team who all have have Fortran 2020 installed on their Windows 11 PCs, it is a bit of an inconvenient to be running a different version. At least all our tests pass in the new compiler and we will move as a team to the Fortran 2022 after our next product release. We may also update to Visual Studio 2022 then, so I hope the problem with Fortran 2022 integrating with VS 17.2 is resolved by then.

0 Kudos
Baird__David
Beginner

Note Fortran 2020 Update 4 installed fine on  my new laptop which is also Windows 11. It seems it only fails on some PCs as John covered.

0 Kudos