Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28386 Discussions

Intel Fortran compiler of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 is not in Visual Studio Community 2020

ckesanapalli
Beginner

Details:

OS - Windows 10 - Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Visual Studio 2019 - 16.7.6

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 2

Problem:

I am trying to start a Fortran project using the Intel Fortran compiler and Visual Studio Community. For that, I installed Visual Studio Community 2020 and later installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020, but I cannot see the Intel® Visual Fortran in the project list. I can compile Fortran in cmd - "Intel Compiler 19.1 Update 2 Intel (R) 64 Visual Studio 2019".  

I read all other posts tried the suggestions (such as un-installing / re-installing and modifying the Intel Compiler) but it did resolve the issue.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue and run Fortran in VS Community 2020?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ckesanapalli
Beginner

I resolved the issue. 

1. Remove the intel and VS 2019 Community (and deleted all temp and remaining files) and restarted the system

2. Reinstall VS 2019 Community and restarted the system

3. then installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 and it was able to detect VS 2019 during installation. This installation took quite some time to install.

Now, I am finally able to see the Fortran projects in VS 2019 Community

Thanks a lot for the help

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The version of Visual Studio that you used is too new for the Intel Parallel Studio version that you are trying to integrate with, according to the release notes . Either start over and install VS 2019 followed by Parallel Studio 2020, or wait for the next release of Parallel Studio, which may be (I am just guessing here!)  compatible with VS 2020.

0 Kudos
ckesanapalli
Beginner

I resolved the issue. 

1. Remove the intel and VS 2019 Community (and deleted all temp and remaining files) and restarted the system

2. Reinstall VS 2019 Community and restarted the system

3. then installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 and it was able to detect VS 2019 during installation. This installation took quite some time to install.

Now, I am finally able to see the Fortran projects in VS 2019 Community

Thanks a lot for the help

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

IFORT runs with all versions of VS 2019 Community, Community Preview Version 16.8.0 Preview 4.0, and VS 2017 - the preview which was released yesterday works, the others have been updated in the last week. . 

If you miss the correct toggle switches in install of the VS, IFORT will not integrate, if it is an absolutely clean install from a new windows the integration is not last, but any reinstall the integration is last and takes a long time.  

This is running on the latest WINDOWS Preview.   The runs on NUCs, DELLS, LENOVA's and HP. 

JMN

0 Kudos