Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28435 Discussions

Intel Fortran runtime library libifcoremd.lib not found in %LIB%

Antonio_Manfredi_P_

Hello, I am using Aspen V8.8 with the Fortran compiler. Trying to compile with the aspcomp procedure, it creates a .obj file, but then it stops displaying the following error:

ASPCOMP: Warning!  Intel Fortran runtime library libifcoremd.lib not found in %LIB%
ASPCOMP: Warning!  Intel Fortran runtime library is needed for Dynamic Linking.

Also, trying to run the asplink linking procedure, the error is the following

Linking fortran.dll; sending messages to fortran.ld
    ********** LINK FAILURE. Check fortran.ld. **********

I am quite inexperienced, so, what does the error mean? and, how can I fix the problem?

regards,

Antonio

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Intel Fortran requires a properly configured environment to work. In normal use, the compiler is run from an IFort command window or from Visual Studio configured to work with Intel Fortran. If a third party product such as Aspen (about which I know nothing) is run in an environment which does not meet the requirements of Intel Fortran, a script that Aspen launches to build a DLL will fail. You need to look up the Aspen documentation for the proper procedure. One possible solution may be to launch an IFort command window first, and run Aspen from that window.

0 Kudos
Antonio_Manfredi_P_

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately Aspen does not provide a clear procedure to configure it. Are there other attempts which you recommend me?

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

It is really the software vendor (Aspentech?) or an Aspen users forum whom you should contact about this.

If the package is capable of using an existing functioning DLL without attempting to rebuild it, we may be able to guide you with building a DLL. Such a situation exists with Matlab. I have been able to build MEX files with a number of compilers that the MEX setup process incorrectly declares as being incompatible with Matlab.

If Aspen insists on building the DLL itself, and maintains some sort of build log to determine whether or not to rebuild, you have to turn to them for support.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

mecej4>>One possible solution may be to launch an IFort command window first, and run Aspen from that window.

Since this suggestion did not fix your situation, let me guess that you are launching Aspen via a desktop icon (or other shortcut off of Start |Programs|...). To fix this, perform a Right-Click on the desktop icon, and select properties. On the Shortcut tab you should see in Target:, the application name for Aspen. In Start in:, you will see the folder where Aspen resides. The fix is to launch the ifort cmd window (choosen32-bit or 64-bit). In the CMD (command prompt) window, issue

CD C:\FolderNameThatWasFoundInStartInForAspen

Then enter in the Target name for Aspen.

Hopefully Aspen appends any environment variables it needs to the already defined ones.

Once you have this working, you can create a new shortcut that does this automatically. This would be a shortcut that:

Launches a CMD window with a command line that runs a batch file to configure ifort, then CD to Aspen folder, then launch Aspen.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Antonio_Manfredi_P_

Thank you very much, I will try since I am not expert, I will give you a feedback.

0 Kudos
Ricardo_T_1
Beginner

Hi Antonio

In my case I've searched the path for ifort32.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\compiler\lib\ia32_  into the variables enviroment, after that, aspen can recongnize it and then it is possible to invoke aspcomp. In my case something similar is happening, but with the following message:

ASPCOMP: Warning! Microsoft C runtime library msvcrt.lib not found in %LIB%   
ASPCOMP: Warning! Microsoft C runtime library is needed for Dynamic Linking.

How did yo fix it?, having in mind that I've installed visual studio 2017 and Intel Parallel studio 2017 update 4. I´m not sure if it is incompatible yet, because of recent version of VS...

Regards

0 Kudos