Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28591 Discussions

Intel(R) Fortran Compiler for 'x64' not installed

Soran_Shwan
Beginner
Hi,
Im running Visual studio 2008 and have installed Fortran Compiler 10.1.19 x64.
When i try to re-build (or build) my project it says "Intel Fortran Compiler for 'x64' not installed" ?
What have i done wrong ? Do i need to tell visual studio somewhere that it is installed ?
I have uninstalled it and re-installed the program but same error ? During installation it says Fortran was linked to Visual Studio.
I can also open my already Fortran project in Visual Studio but it can not re-build it now ?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Installing the compiler would make it available in Visual Studio. If you select Tools > Options > Intel Visual Fortran > Compilers, can you select x64 as a platform and are the paths for executables, etc. filled in? Do you have the Microsoft C++ x64 compiler installed? Are you able to select an x64 build configuration?
0 Kudos
Soran_Shwan
Beginner
Dear Steve,
No I can not select anything about x64 under Fortran Compilers, only win32.
I have C++ 2008 installed when i look at "about visual studio".
How do i set the paths for x64 fortran compiler ?
Thanks!

Edit:
Dear Steve,
Problem solved. Your question about C++ x64 compiler made me look around and I found that i did not have the "x64 compiler" for c++ installed from the "The Visual Studio Maintenance Mode window".
Thanks for your tip!

Best Regards,
Soran
0 Kudos