Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Visual Fortran w/ Rogue Wave IMSL Codes

Aravind_R_
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Intel Visual Fortran Compiler running on Visual Studio 2013 that supposedly has Rogue Wave IMSL installed as well. I was just wondering how I would go about pulling up the Library of IMSL source codes so I could move s=certain codes to necessary projects. The specific codes I am looking for were published in 1966 by Paul F Dienemann on Estimating Cost Uncertainty Using Monte Carlo techniques. Would these codes still exist in the IMSL library of today by any chance?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Aravind R

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If you have the Intel-supplied IMSL installed, in an IFort-configured CMD window you could ask for the environmental variable FNL_DIR to be displayed. It the variable is not defined, you have to fix the installation or run the fnlsetup.bat script to set up the IMSL environment.

Similarly, if you have IMSL properly installed, you have the IMSL documentation available under the Start menu. There is no need to "move certain codes", nor is there anything to move, in order to use IMSL. Simply use the command line option /Qimsl or choose IMSL in the project settings in Visual Studio.

Aravind wrote:
The specific codes I am looking for were published in 1966 .... Would these codes still exist in the IMSL library of today by any chance?

I cannot comment about about some code that predates the Internet. IMSL probably did not exist in 1966. If you have the code, state the names of the IMSL routines that it calls, and we can tell you whether those routines are present in IMSL 7.0.1.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I cannot comment about about some code that predates the Internet. IMSL probably did not exist in 1966. If you have the code, state the names of the IMSL routines that it calls, and we can tell you whether those routines are present in IMSL 7.0.1.

Likely a graduate student has translated it to MATLAB and put it on the web somewhere. if it is from 66 it will need a lot of work.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

According to Wikipedia, IMSL was released in 1970.  In my experience, it was widespread in the early 70's, but it was distributed directly to customer sites as source code under NDA.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

A lot of the old IMSL routines were retired once Visual Numerics turned it into a commercial product.

Also see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries/

0 Kudos
Aravind_R_
Beginner

Hi,

I was able to figure it out. Thanks for all your help!

Aravind R.

0 Kudos