Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Join the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Beta Program today

Light_Intel

Join the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Beta Program today and—for a limited time—get early access to new features and get an open invitation to tell us what you really think.

We want YOU to tell us what to improve so we can create high-quality software tools that meet your development needs.

Top New Features in Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Beta

• Scale and perform on the path to exascale. Enable greater scalability and improve latency with the latest Intel® MPI Library.
  • Get better answers with less overhead. Focus more fully on useful data, CPU utilization of physical cores, and more using new data-selection support from Intel® VTune Amplifier’s Application Performance Snapshot.
  • Visualize parallelism. Interactively build, validate, and visualize algorithms using Intel® Advisor’s Flow Graph Analyzer.
  • Stay up-to-date with the latest standards:
    • Expanded C++17 and Fortran 2018 support
    • Full OpenMP* 4.5 and expanded (partial) support for OpenMP* 5.0 (Preview 2) specification
    • Python* 3.6 and 2.7

New Features in Intel® Fortran Compiler

• User-defined reductions, completing support for OpenMP* 4.5
  • BLOCK construct inside an OpenMP parallel region
  • Array shape checking
  • Coarray Events for synchronization of different coarray images

We’ve added a “What’s new in Intel® Compiler 19.0 beta” presentation to our main beta page. You are welcome to review it and try out the new features.

To learn more, visit Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Beta page.

Then sign up to get started.

Note: If you encounter a HTTP ERROR: 404 on the beta registration page, please clear the browser cache and try again.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

F1 Help feature is now available for testing in Parallel Studio XE 2019 Beta

Please refer to this article for more information:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-documentation-intel-compiler-current-and-previous

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Dear Devorah:

I loaded the beta onto my system - VS 2017 Community in parallel with the 2018 Fortran update 2. 

It worked ok for a few days and then yesterday the VS updated to 15.7.1 and the beta went to pieces, giving me an rc.exe not found error.  I tried repairing all of the programs and that was no go. 

I deleted everything and reinstalled several times - but I just gave up on the beta - it will not run with VS 2017 15.7.1 - a whole lot of weird errors, such as:

1. unable to read project files

2. libio*.lib cannot find this library - I found it in the Intel 64 compiler area and copied it into the 32 bit spot and that worked with 2018 but not the beta. I have never seen this error before. 

3. Several of the programs I created whole new solutions to get them running on 2018 after playing with them with the beta. 

It was fun, but I am out of time to keep playing with it. 

John

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Nichols, John wrote:

Dear Devorah:

I loaded the beta onto my system - VS 2017 Community in parallel with the 2018 Fortran update 2. 

It worked ok for a few days and then yesterday the VS updated to 15.7.1 and the beta went to pieces, giving me an rc.exe not found error.  I tried repairing all of the programs and that was no go. 

I deleted everything and reinstalled several times - but I just gave up on the beta - it will not run with VS 2017 15.7.1 - a whole lot of weird errors, such as:

1. unable to read project files

2. libio*.lib cannot find this library - I found it in the Intel 64 compiler area and copied it into the 32 bit spot and that worked with 2018 but not the beta. I have never seen this error before. 

3. Several of the programs I created whole new solutions to get them running on 2018 after playing with them with the beta. 

It was fun, but I am out of time to keep playing with it. 

John

Hi John,

Thank you for the report. I am sorry that you are having issues with the latest version of VS.  

Our engineering team will investigate these issues you have reported.  

0 Kudos