Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

LINK FATAL ERROR 1104 fortran

AKRAM
Beginner

Hello, i'm trying to link a usermat.f90 file using fortran compiler 19.0.3 with ANSYS 17.2 but i still get the same error for each time i lunch the file, i want to know how to solve this problem. thank your your attention.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi Penelope,

Thanks for posting in Intel Forum.

From your query, I can understand you are getting error when linking usermat.f90 with FORTRAN 19.0.3 with ANSYS 17.2.

We would require some more details  like the elaborate compilation steps, OS and IPP versions used along with other essential requirements for investigating it further. Could you please also mention the various IPP functions used for this project. This would help us in efficient investigation.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Akpam,

are You sure you submitted the query to the right forum? IPP accepts C API. Your question is regarding Intel Fortran Forum as I could imagine and You may ask this question there: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/bd-p/fortran-compiler

In this case, if you have IPP-related questions, please give the details.

-Gennady

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Translated from French, the error is that the linker cannot open the executable file. This is often because an antivirus program is "locking" the executable while it scans it for viruses. If you can, tell your antivirus program to not scan your development directory. You can also try temporarily disabling it.

I sometimes see this problem after debugging a previous version of the program - in that case, exiting Visual Studio clears it up. But my guess is that's not your problem.

In any case, Fortran is not really involved here other than being the programming language you are using.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

I believe Steve answered this question - it appears you were debugging the program, or running the program when you tried to compile or build the program. OR your antivirus program was scanning during the build. Are you able to compile?

0 Kudos