Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

License renewal clarification

HKort
Beginner

Hi,

in the beginning of the year I purchased a license renewal. the order summary minus the serial is given below. This was the product recommended by the registrationcenter websitre for license renewal. It took me until the weekend to actual update to the latest version and found that the license is not valid. I contact support (premier.intel.com) and got the following response:

"Hi Sir,

The date 22 Feb 2017 is  the support expiration date (shown in the attached snapshot).
You can submit tickets to ask questions, report issues and get helps in the support period.
But your license expiration date is 21 Feb 2016.
After the license expires, you cannot use the tool any longer.
Please apply a new academic license for using Parallel Studio XE again.

Best regards,
Soflen
"

Is the support engineer correct that the fee of $649 does not include use of current software? In this case I spent $649 for asking the single question as to why my license is not working. I must say this would be absolutely appalling and not the way one treats a customer of 10 years.

Advice and clarifications greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Haje

Order Summary:
Product: Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for
Fortran Windows* with Rogue Wave* IMSL* Support
Services Renewal
Serial Number 1: XXXX-XXXXXX
SKU: PRI999WSGM01ZZZ
Vendor: Lifeboat
Version: 2016
License Type: Named-user
Number of Seats: 1
Quantity: 1
Support Code: commercial
FulfillmentType: ESD
Support Period End: 2017-02-22

0 Kudos
6 Replies
HKort
Beginner

I should note that I also get regular download links to new software. These,however, seem to be useless without a valid license.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

A support subscription expiration of 22 Feb 2017 would entitle one to all upgrade releases up to and including that date. The reply that the license itself expired a year before the support subscription date sounds incorrect.

Will you please post the IPS # of your earlier issue so I can review those details and your support subscription?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
HKort
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

what you write is consistent with my understanding of the support renewal and how it worked the last 10 years. The IPS# is 6000164211. The relevant documents and license file are included in the ticket.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Haje

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I located the relevant S/N and IPS issue. You are correct. There is something incorrect with the license file generated for your purchase in Feb. 2016. I will get this sorted out. Please stand-by.

Updated: Sorry, our posts crossed.

0 Kudos
HKort
Beginner

Thank you for the confirmation, standing by...

0 Kudos
HKort
Beginner

Big thanks to Intel support for resolving the issue! The fixed license is working perfectly.

0 Kudos