Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Link errors with VS 2010 platform toolset

I'm using Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 4 Composer Edition in Visual Studio 2015.  Due to some project constraints, I need to link to a c++ library built using the 2010 platform toolset to be compatible with some older code.  Then I try to link to the library in question, I get link errors similar to this:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(char const * const &)" (__imp_??0exception@std@@QAE@ABQBD@Z)

If I build the C++ library using the 2015 platform toolset, everything links and runs fine.  Is my edition of the Fortran compiler compatible with the 2010 toolset?  If so, how can I make them get along?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I think I solved my problem. 

I think I solved my problem.  I went to Tools->Options->Intel Compilers and Tools and found these settings:

Capture.JPG

I changed the "Libraries" and "Default Options" items to point at the VS 2010 directories instead of the defaults. 

If there is a better or more elegant way to do this, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This is really a C++ issue. C

This is really a C++ issue. C++, unlike Fortran, is sensitive to the VS version used and tends to require that the compiler version match the libraries version. The solution you found seems reasonable to me.

Retired 12/31/2016
0 Kudos