Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26755 Discussions

Linking abaqus 2017 with visual studio 15.2 and PSXE 17 .2

christian_b_1
Beginner

Hi

I have a computer with Windows 10 and i want to use Abaqus 3DS Similia software.

So i got this configuration for installation: Abaqus 2017 + Microsoft visual studio 2015 entreprise 2+ Parallel studio XE 2017 Update 2 cluster Edition.

The installation gone well, i have already checked the integration of PXSE With VS.

The problem went from linking Abaqus for user subroutines wrote in fortran. I got this message when i perform abaqus verification:

"

Begin Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
8/22/2017 1:32:32 AM
Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 17.0.2.187 Build 20170213
Copyright (C) 1985-2017 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

End Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
Begin Linking Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
   Creating library standardU.lib and object standardU.exp
standardU_static.lib(SMAStsStdU_IF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_printf referenced in function "void __cdecl SMABasOmniSetSSELevel(void)" (?SMABasOmniSetSSELevel@@YAXXZ)
standardU_static.lib(SMAStsStdU_IF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_getenv referenced in function "void __cdecl SMABasOmniSetSSELevel(void)" (?SMABasOmniSetSSELevel@@YAXXZ)
standardU_static.lib(SMAStsStdU_IF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__putenv referenced in function "void __cdecl SMABasOmniSetSSELevel(void)" (?SMABasOmniSetSSELevel@@YAXXZ)
standardU_static.lib(ufluidpipefriction.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol memmove referenced in function ufluidpipefriction
standardU_static.lib(umat_sst.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(uxfemnonlocalweight.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(uanisohyper_inv.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(uanisohyper_strain.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(ufluidconnectorloss.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(ufluidconnectorvalve.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Abaqus Error: Problem during linking - Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines.
  This error may be due to a mismatch in the Abaqus user subroutine arguments.
  These arguments sometimes change from release to release, so user subroutines
  used with a previous release of Abaqus may need to be adjusted.

"

Can anyone give me some insight about this issue?

Thanks, Christian

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Those are all C++ library routines, referenced by Abaqus. You need to follow the Abaqus instructions for specifying the proper libraries for linking. I have no idea how Abaqus initiates the linking nor what options you have specified. It has little to do with Fortran.

Greg_T_
Valued Contributor I