Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

MSVCR90.dll file missing

maria
Beginner
I have Window 7 and Intel Visual Fortran COmpiler Version 10.1. Today when I run the program, I got the message ' the program can not start because MSVCR90.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstall it....'

I downloaded the zip file from an online website but could notunzip it. Then I deleted thezip file fearing of virus.Can you please tell me what to do to fix the problem, including where to download the file and how to fix it etc. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Maria,

Welcome to the forum.

First, Intel Visual Fortran 10.1 is not supported on Windows 7. The first version to support that is 11.1. I don't know what you are running when you refer to "the program". Nothing in Visual Fortran 10.1 depends on MSVCR90.DLL. Do you have a separately installed Visual Studio 2008?

You should not need to install anything extra, especially a ZIP file from some unspecified web site.

Please tell us the exact command or action you do that causes this message to appear. Which version of Visual Studio do you have installed and where did you get it?
0 Kudos
maria
Beginner
Steve,

Sorry that I gave you wrong info about Fortran Version. The version I am using is 11.1. The product details is : Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008, 11.1.3471.2008, Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Intel Corporationis 11.1.

I was able to compile my Fortrain code successfully. When I run the Fortran executible file from a dos window, there is pop up window with message: "The progran can't start because MSVCR90.dll is missing from your compouter. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. " FYI, I just got a new PC with Window7. Also I bought Intel Fortran composer XE for Windows for this new PC. I downloaded application file w_cprof_p_11.1.072 from Intel software registration site. I have never experienced this before using Windows XP and earlier versions of IVF. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You may have bought Composer XE but you installed an older version. That should not affect this problem, though. Did you modify the project settings to disable use of manifests by the linker? If you did, that would explain the error.

See if installing the VS2008 Redistributables from here help. (That's the 32 bit link, if you're using 64-bit see here.)
0 Kudos
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
I do a lot of: change code ; build ; run ; change code ; build ; run etc.

Every now and again at the run stage I get the same message you get about MSVCR90.dll missing.
I then do a REbuild and everything runs ok (until the next time).

Les
0 Kudos
maria
Beginner
Thanks. Rebuild worked. I also do lots of change code, build and run too.
0 Kudos