Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28595 Discussions

No variables showing when debugging using visual studio 2022

JS_Clausen
Beginner

Dear Forum

I am sorry if this post is too much a repetition of earlier posts.

My software:

• Windows 10
  • Intel oneAPI Base Tookit 2023.2
  • Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit 2023.2
  • Visual Studio 2022 Version 17.7.4

My problem: I cannot see variables values when debugging. The watch window is simply empty. If I run without debugging the program runs to completion as expected.

Here is a screenshot demonstrating the problem:

JS_Clausen_0-1696511413524.png

As you can see, the variables window is simply empty.

As far as I can tell (Engineer, not software expert :-), the compiler directives are set for debugging:

/nologo /debug:full /Od /warn:interfaces /module:"x64\Debug\\" /object:"x64\Debug\\" /Fd"x64\Debug\vc170.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds /check:stack /libs:dll /threads /dbglibs /c

After reading other posts I have tried to uninstall and reinstall oneAPI af few times to no avail.

I fear that I am simply missing a small detail or setting somewhere. I would greatly appreciate any ideas for making it possible to see variable values when debugging.

Best regards
JS_Clausen

0 Kudos
1 Solution
2 Replies
JS_Clausen
Beginner

Dear Steve

The proposed solution worked like a charm. Greatly appreciated.

I must say, that it is now very easy to obtain Intel Fortran these days. And free too. I have been using the compiler (within academia) on/off since the Compaq Visual Fortran days. Always a hassle to find a vendor and secure licenses in order for students to also be able to use the code (mainly UMATs in Abaqus). Now I can just instruct students to download from the Intel web page. Thank you for that and for the swift support in this forum.

Best regards
JS_Clausen

0 Kudos