Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

PSXE 2016 failed to integrate into Visual Studio Community 2015

hans1
Beginner

Dear  Lionel,

I had some problems installing Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition. After a while I received the following email from an Intel representative: ==========================================
we are upgrading your Intel Cluster Studio Licenses XXX-XXXXXXX  to an Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition License (2016) of the same type (Academic, Named User, Windows edition, with a support expiration date of 17.07.2016).

Please find below the serial number and instructions to register the serial number.  Serial number of the new license:  XXX-XXXXXXXX
===========================================

Then, I downloaded and installed the software and it (partially) works.
It works on the command line, properly, but it does not integrate into my Visual Studio  Community 2015. I do not see the Fortran compiler when I want to start a new project.
I checked a little with the instructions and found that Common tools for C++ 2015 should be installed but that is the case, see attachment.

Can you put me on the right track please?

Best regards,

Hans De Raedt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Sorry to hear about the integration problems. As a first step, please refer to the Troubleshooting Fortran Integration Issues with Visual Studio and see whether any recommendations from this article help resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
hans1
Beginner

Dear Kevin,
I followed the guidelines and found that there were no files in.
VS2015: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Intel Fortran\VFPackages

I removed the Fortran compiler and reinstalled it.
Now it is integrated in Visual Studio Community 2015.

Thanks for putting me on the right track.

Best regards,

Hans

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Great! You're welcome. I'm glad you resolved this.

0 Kudos