Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

PSXE 2018 up1 does not integrate into Visual Studio 2017 15.5.2

Sioulis__Chris
Beginner

I am a beginner with Intel Software. For starters I am interested in C++ and Fortran Compilers, MKL and in the future in MPI.

I am trying a clean install of academic Parallel Studio XE 2018 update 1 to a Win10Pro64 machine with Visual Studio 15.5.2 already installed (Desktop development with C++, JIT debugger, VC++2017 v141 toolset (x86,x64), C++ profiling tools, Win10 SDK 10.0.16299.0, ...).

Though the process seems to be successful there is no integration built into VS. Removal - Reinstallation of both VS and PS didn't solve the problem.

Inspired by this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-tools-integration-to-vs2017-issue I looked for the *.vsix files. They were not available so I had to extract them manually from the *.dat installer files. I installed manually the files I thought that matter:

COMP_ALL_SHARED_VS150.vsix

COMP_X64_PSXE180_VS150.vsix

CppCompilerPkgs.vsix

FEE_VSIX_v15.vsix

FortranCompilerPkgs.vsix

ICMnuPkg_CompProPkg.vsix

Intel.SoftwareManager.vsix

Intel_CommonToolsPkg.vsix

PerfLibsPkgs.vsix​

Some functionality was built in successfully (i.e. Software Manager, Fortran Projects in File menu), but others caused problems (i.e. Intel C++ compiler options at Project Options).

Have I been optimistic using this VS version? What are my options?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I do not recommend trying to install the .vsix files yourself. I strongly suggest that you submit a problem report at the Intel Online Service Center to have an Intel Support engineer help you. 

0 Kudos