Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26729 Discussions

PSXE 2018 up1 does not integrate into Visual Studio 2017 15.5.2

Sioulis__Chris
Beginner

I am a beginner with Intel Software. For starters I am interested in C++ and Fortran Compilers, MKL and in the future in MPI.

I am trying a clean install of academic Parallel Studio XE 2018 update 1 to a Win10Pro64 machine with Visual Studio 15.5.2 already installed (Desktop development with C++, JIT debugger, VC++2017 v141 toolset (x86,x64), C++ profiling tools, Win10 SDK 10.0.16299.0, ...).

Though the process seems to be successful there is no integration built into VS. Removal - Reinstallation of both VS and PS didn't solve the problem.

Inspired by this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-tools-integration-to-vs2017-iss... I looked for the *.vsix files. They were not available so I had to extract them manually from the *.dat installer files. I installed manually the files I thought that matter:

COMP_ALL_SHARED_VS150.vsix

COMP_X64_PSXE180_VS150.vsix

CppCompilerPkgs.vsix

FEE_VSIX_v15.vsix

FortranCompilerPkgs.vsix

ICMnuPkg_CompProPkg.vsix

Intel.SoftwareManager.vsix

Intel_CommonToolsPkg.vsix

PerfLibsPkgs.vsix​

Some functionality was built in successfully (i.e. Software Manager, Fortran Projects in File menu), but others caused problems (i.e. Intel C++ compiler options at Project Options).

Have I been optimistic using this VS version? What are my options?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

I do not recommend trying to install the .vsix files yourself. I strongly suggest that you submit a problem report at the Intel Online Service Center to have an Intel Support engineer help you.