Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28384 Discussions

Program fails to load on some computers

Ibrahim_K_
New Contributor I

I have almost completed my project it runs OK in some machines, but occasionally I am getting load error on Windows 10. The program contains Fortran and C++ code. Main is in C++. I experienced a similar problem about a year or so ago. Steve was able to help me locate the cause. It was Anadarko Python and R installations. When I uninstalled those programs problem was resolved. In this case I do not have any of these programs. I ran the DependencyWalker. It gives plenty of errors. I am attaching the output from the DependencyWalker.

By the way, DependencyWalker gives similar errors on computer where my program loads and runs without issue.

Any thoughts or ideas why I may be experiencing this issue?

I. Konuk

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Your program is clearly linked to the VS2015 C++ DLLs. Go ahead and try installing the Visual C++ Redistributables for VS2015 and see if it helps.  

Just installing VS2019 won't change anything - you would have to rebuild the application using VS2019.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I have used dependancy walker for quite a number of years but it seems to me that it has not been updated for a long time and has a number of problems dealing with 32/64 bit issues. I have recent used a program I found on github called "Dependancies" that I have found to be more useful as we get more real errors rather than false errors.

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_K_
New Contributor I

Thanks I will try. I assume you are referring to lucasg.

I. Konuk

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I don't see any actual errors in the .dwi file. I do see that your program is dependent on the Intel Fortran run-time DLLs as well as those from Visual C++ 14 (Visual Studio 2015). If the target system does not have the redistributables from these two compilers installed, your program will fail to run.

Your referencing "load errors" is not very descriptive. What is the exact and complete text of the error message?

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_K_
New Contributor I

Steve:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply as usual.

I am really not sure how I ended up using Visual C++ 14 redistributables. I was using VS2017. I am now using Visual Studio 19 and .NET 7.2.  Would you have a guess how that could happen? I am attaching My Visual Studio C++ setup options. I am also attaching the screen capture of the error. Unfortunately, it is in Turkish as I was using a friend's machine to test.  I will attempt to translate it.

"Application could not successfully start (0xc00007b). Press OK to terminate"

Also, I may have changed some options this morning. May I ask how one controls the C++ library version in VisualStudio 2019 in a program build? I found this and many other like it:

https://www.howtogeek.com/256245/why-are-there-so-many-microsoft-visual-c-redistributables-installed-on-my-pc/

which seems to show that I am not the only fool with this confusion. But, it looks like,  Visual C++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 all share the same redistributable files. It seems like if I install the redistributable from:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

I will wait for your opinion before proceeding.

Thank you again very much.

I. Konuk

PSD: By the way, the version of the program with graphical interface (including some2D and 3D graphics) and CLI/C++/FORTRAN version works really well (you may recall I posted the template two years ago). If you are interested, I do not mind sharing it with you if there is a way I can privately share it with you a google folder.

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_K_
New Contributor I

I forgot the VS2019 options.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Your program is clearly linked to the VS2015 C++ DLLs. Go ahead and try installing the Visual C++ Redistributables for VS2015 and see if it helps.  

Just installing VS2019 won't change anything - you would have to rebuild the application using VS2019.

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_K_
New Contributor I

Steve:

Thank you very much. I am going to try to install  MS C++ Distributable 14. I realize that I may also need to install .NET version 4.7.2  or higher (which I used to build my program).

I got second Pfizer shot yesterday. I am a bit under the weather. It may take few days before I report back. Thank you very much again.

I. Konuk

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_K_
New Contributor I

All worked when we installed the x86 (32 bit) versions of the redistributables.

I have to learn to pay attention to the details! Thank you very much.

I. Konuk

0 Kudos