Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Support forum - reply do not show

LarsJ
Novice

Hi 

I have tried to reply to a post but it does not show. I see the post after pushing the "Post Reply" button, but when I refresh it is gone. The last time I even got points for replying to a post - but still it does not show. Anybody else that have seen this?

I am using Edge.

Best regards

Lars

0 Kudos
10 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

Occasional problem but quite rare. If the post has links or other flagged content it can get held for moderation and posted after a delay.

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

There are no link and I cannot figure out what the flagged content should be - even tried to rewrite several times without any luck.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

Try using a different browser to test that as an issue?

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Ok I tried Google Chrome, but still it does not show. Can you see if it gets stuck in approval - I am curious to know what might have triggered it?

I have posted replies to this tread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/MS-VS-Integration-issue-Replace-Next-becomes-Next-Replace/m-p/1605765#M172499

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Lars,

You are able to reply to this thread, so reply is working here.

In the main page for "Intel Fortran Compiler" there are threads pinned at the top that are essentially announcements by Intel. Below that are threads submitted by users for discussion. You cannot reply to the pinned threads (I am surprised you would see a Reply button for those threads).

Also, you may have issues posting a reply that contains suspicious content (e.g. an executable).

Jim Dempsey

EDIT:

That thread is one I started.

Post your message here.

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Hi

I see something similar to Jim when using VS Professional 2022, 17.10.2 and Intel Fortran Compiler 2024.01.

Similar "G," becomes "GAMMA".

I can turn off auto-completion by tools->options->Text Editor->Fortran->General->Auto list members (off).

In what I think is related. I cannot use short cuts to snippets if they are part of a keyword. "sub" + tab becomes the keyword "submodule" or "subroutine".

"doi" + tab still becomes "do i = 1, 100 ... end do".

If I turn off "auto list members" then I cannot use snippets at all.

Best regards

Lars

0 Kudos
LarsJ
Novice

Turns out that if I write Microso.. Visual Studio (instead of VS),  then it gets removed.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

I am not an intel person. But I will note that you have no inputs publicly showing on the thread you link. MAybe one of the INTEL moderators can look.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

"There's always sumpten" Rosan Rosanadan

(1970's Laugh-In character)

Jim

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You mean Saturday Night Live.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos