Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28558 Discussions

Test_CPUtime builds and runs using IFORT but gets build errors using IFX

rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

Test_CPUtime builds and runs using IFORT but gets build errors using IFX. A test driver, subroutine, and project files are attached.

First build it using IFORT and run it. Then try to build it using IFX. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

Ron, I'm using the latest version of VS 2022 v17.8.4. This is a QuickWin program.

I just solved the problem: In the the linker configuration Linker|System|SubSystem... I changed it to Windows(/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS). Was: Console (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE). I've made hundreds of QuickWin programs before - my mistake.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 Replies
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

Tue 8/1/2023 8:42 AM

Intel Registration Center

Intel Software Updates Available

You are receiving this message because you have downloaded one or more Intel® Software Products. For your convenience, below is an overview of what's new and links to key resources.

Intel® oneAPI Compilers Hot Fix

Version: 2023.2.1

If you installed Intel compilers as part of the oneAPI 2023.2 release of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit, the Intel® oneAPI IoT Toolkit, or from the oneAPI Standalone Component page, please install the appropriate patch for your environment.

Two patches are now available, one for each of the Intel C++ and Fortran compilers, that were published as part of oneAPI 2023.2:

Intel® oneAPI DPC+/C+ Compiler and Intel® C++ Compiler Classic
Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic and Intel® Fortran Compiler
The patch version is 2023.2.1.

These patches apply only to Linux* and Windows*.

These patches resolve the issue of missing Environment Modules utility module files and other issues.

The patches are available on the Intel® Registration Center, other distribution channels, like APT, YUM, and the standalone component page

0 Kudos
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

The added emphasis got striped away by the Intel system. Here is a screenshot of my previous post.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 073957.jpg

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

I got the same email. 

Unless you have paid for Priority Support and can download from IRC (Intel Registration Center), please install the Fortran compiler patch available from the Standalone Component Download article. Click Compilers in the left column, scroll to Fortran and download the version you need.

0 Kudos
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

I have paid for Priority Support Renewal (SSR). And can download from Intel Registration Center.

And FWIW I have been renewing every year since 1998 (DVF became CVF, and CVF became IVF, and then all of Intels' compiler name changes since IVF), and reported many compiler bugs to Steve Lionel (and others) throughout the years, especially 1998-2006.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

That's great that you have Priority Support. You should take advantage of that and report issues at Online Service Center. After all, you pay for it.

For this QuickWin issue, I suggest you deinstall Base and HPC Toolkits and the runtime libraries. Then reinstall Base and HPC Toolkits. As it states on the IRC page, you only need to install the patch on Windows if you use FPGAs.

0 Kudos
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

The Test_CPUtime program builds OK using IFX and oneAPI 2024.0.2. However during runtime I am getting the following error: "forrtl: The system could not find the environment option that was entered".  How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

@rivkin__steve that is an odd error.  I took your .zip file posted on this thread.  I tested with the newer pre-release version 2024.1.0.  It builds and runs just fine.  I do not have the 2024.0.2 on my PC, I'll look for such a setup.  I'm using VS 2022.  what VS version do you have?

Can you zip up the entire folder with all the vfproj .sln and sources?  

Is this still a Quickwin Application?

0 Kudos
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

Ron, I'm using the latest version of VS 2022 v17.8.4. This is a QuickWin program.

I just solved the problem: In the the linker configuration Linker|System|SubSystem... I changed it to Windows(/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS). Was: Console (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE). I've made hundreds of QuickWin programs before - my mistake.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

I'm just glad it's working again.  Have a great weekend, Steve!

0 Kudos