Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

The procedure entry point could not be located in dynamic link library

Lahooti__Mohsen
Beginner

Hi,

I wrote a fortran program using vs comunity 2013 and intel parallel studio 2017

when I run the code inside the IDE (using ctrl+F5) the program works fine ( both debug/release) but when I go to the release ( or debug) folder, both x86 and x64,  and try to run the exe file I get this error:

"the procedure entry point mkl+serv_point_verbose_info could not be located in the dynamic link library mkl_sequential.dll"

I am wondering if any body can explain to me why I get this error and how to fix it?

Also I want to know why the code runs inside the IDE and dosent work using the very exe file IDE produced?

Thank you all in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

When you run from inside the IDE, PATH is set up with the correct paths for the version you're using. If you run from outside the IDE (or a compiler build command prompt), you get whatever is in the system PATH environment variable. The MKL DLLs are not automatically added to the system PATH when the product is installed.

You probably have an old MKL folder in the system PATH environment variable and should update it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

What do you mean by "go to the release ( or debug) folder"? If you simply opened a command window and changed to one of those folders as the working directory, or used the Windows Explorer to open the directory, and then attempted to run the EXE by typing its name or by double clicking its icon, the MKL runtime DLLs may not be on the execution path. Open a command prompt configured for Intel Parallel Studio, and run the EXE from that console.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

When you run from inside the IDE, PATH is set up with the correct paths for the version you're using. If you run from outside the IDE (or a compiler build command prompt), you get whatever is in the system PATH environment variable. The MKL DLLs are not automatically added to the system PATH when the product is installed.

You probably have an old MKL folder in the system PATH environment variable and should update it.

0 Kudos
Lahooti__Mohsen
Beginner

Thank you both very much

I checked the path and as Steve mentioned MKL was not there!

0 Kudos