Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28385 Discussions

Update to Microsoft Visual Studio Community Version 16.6.2 causes IVF 2019.6.324 to fail

avinashs
New Contributor I

I updated to Microsoft Visual Studio Community Version 16.6.2 and the integration of IVF 19.6.324 appears to have failed. When compiling, I get the following errors for every file:

1>error #31000: corrupt PDB file Debug\vc160.pdb; delete and rebuild; if problem persists, delete and try /Z7 instead
1>error code 3 ( can't write file, out of disk, etc.) opening pdb Debug\vc160.pdb
1>compilation aborted for abc.f90 (code 1)

I want to avoid having to reinstall IVF. Is this a known issue?

I will add that IVF is working correctly from the command line.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
avinashs
New Contributor I

When the .pdb file is deleted and the program rebuilt after a clean, the error still persists. After cleaning again and adding the compiler option /Z7, certain subroutines, previously with no error condition, are now generating the following error:

Severity	        Code	     Description	Project	                                                                                
Error		error #5279: Error in opening directory for generated module interfaces: Debug		
Error		error #5279: Error in opening directory for generated module interfaces: Debug		

The release version of the same program does not generate errors.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

seems to me that the file location structure for the project does not match the actual file locations. If you posted the full buildlog.html things might be clearer.

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

andrew_4619 wrote:

seems to me that the file location structure for the project does not match the actual file locations. If you posted the full buildlog.html things might be clearer.

@andrew_4619: Thanks for your suggestion. I checked the build log and the .pdb file. It had a size of 0 kb and a weird date of 06/11/2043! When I tried to copy the solution folder to a backup drive, Windows complained there were file system errors. So I finally deleted the folder and recovered a backup from yesterday. It now works as before! So somehow, the act of updating MSVS corrupted the solution folder on my drive. Now I am running normally. Checking the forum posts, it seems such a problem was encountered back in 2013.

0 Kudos