Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

XE 2013 Vers 3, compiler support not installed (after uninstalling XE 2011)

davidspurr
Beginner

I just updated my compiler to 2013 ver3 from 2011 ver8 (trying to fix a debug problem I was having with one source file).

The new install did not fix the problem but otherwise the compiler appeared to work OK.  Because c: drive on my system is very short on spare space and 2013 ver3 was working OK, I then removed the old version.

However, since removing 2011 ver8 I can no longer compile programs.  VS 2010 opens and I can open solutions / projects OK; ie. the edit windows display OK.

However, as soon as I attempt to recompile the project, the attached message comes up and I can proceed no further; ie. no longer able to compile.

I assume that uninstalling 2011 ver8 has crippled something. 

Where to from here?  Do I need to reinstall 2013 ver3?  If so, just reinstall over the top of the existing install?

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

David,

Did you only install the 64-bit version of the new compiler?  If the version you installed was also for 32-bit, I would expect reinstalling the new version should fix this.  Normally, reinstalling over the top of an existing compile is not a problem.  If this doesn't work, then you'll need to wait for some advice from the Intel guys when they're next online.

David

0 Kudos
davidspurr
Beginner

David.  I installed both (?  w_fcompxe_novsshell_2013.3.171.exe).  Problem is occurring for all combinations (Release/Debug, Win 32/x64).

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

You could try repairing your installation (e.g. in Add/Remove Programs), but in my experience it's more often necessary to remove and re-install ifort when the installation goes bad.  As you normally allow the temporary installer files to be removed, you need to extract them anyway.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yes, you will need to reinstall the 2013 version. You may be able to get away with a "repair", but I suggest a reinstall.

0 Kudos
davidspurr
Beginner

Thanks Tim and Steve (& David)

Reinstall over the top of the existing 2013 install? 

Or Uninstall first, then reinstall?

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

full uninstall and install,  The installer normally would not allow you to proceed with complete install unless you remove that version first.

0 Kudos
davidspurr
Beginner

Done and now compiling.  For what it is worth, I uninstalled the compiler only, not VS2010 or the VS integration stuff.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yes, that's fine.

0 Kudos