Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

another lib link problem

Ralph_Nelson
Novice

Downloaded the latest fortran compiler with VS (parallel_studio_xe_2017_update1_composer_edition_for_fortran_setup).  Been several months since I tried to compile a version that ran on an earlier version of XE.  The build log is attached but appears the problem relates to finding the libadvisor.lib.

My compiler command line is :/nologo /debug:full /O2 /Ob1 /Qparallel /Qopt-prefetch=3 /Qipo /Qopt-matmul /I"\include\intel64" /arch:SSE3 /tune:haswell /extend_source:80 /module:"x64\Release\\" /object:"x64\Release\\" /Fd"x64\Release\vc140.pdb" /libs:dll /threads /Qmkl:parallel /c

And the linker command line is :/OUT:"x64\Release\12.24.Console1.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"\lib64" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"x64\Release\12.24.Console1.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"F:\Macro3d\Testing\Intel\12.24.2016\12.24.Console1\12.24.Console1\x64\Release\12.24.Console1.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /IMPLIB:"F:\Macro3d\Testing\Intel\12.24.2016\12.24.Console1\12.24.Console1\x64\Release\12.24.Console1.lib"  libadvisor.lib

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

Where is the file libadvisor.lib located? Is the project configured to make the linker look in the containing directory?

Ralph_Nelson
Novice

Have done a search on all drives, it ain't there.  Where is it suppose to be?  Searches on web didn't help.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

This might be part of Intel Advisor XE, a component of some editions of Intel Parallel Studio XE.

Ralph_Nelson
Novice

Thanks Steve, I'll try to find and download.

Ralph_Nelson
Novice

You have to have the professional version of XE or download separate.