Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

another lib link problem

Ralph_Nelson
Novice

Downloaded the latest fortran compiler with VS (parallel_studio_xe_2017_update1_composer_edition_for_fortran_setup).  Been several months since I tried to compile a version that ran on an earlier version of XE.  The build log is attached but appears the problem relates to finding the libadvisor.lib.

My compiler command line is :/nologo /debug:full /O2 /Ob1 /Qparallel /Qopt-prefetch=3 /Qipo /Qopt-matmul /I"\include\intel64" /arch:SSE3 /tune:haswell /extend_source:80 /module:"x64\Release\\" /object:"x64\Release\\" /Fd"x64\Release\vc140.pdb" /libs:dll /threads /Qmkl:parallel /c

And the linker command line is :/OUT:"x64\Release\12.24.Console1.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"\lib64" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"x64\Release\12.24.Console1.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"F:\Macro3d\Testing\Intel\12.24.2016\12.24.Console1\12.24.Console1\x64\Release\12.24.Console1.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /IMPLIB:"F:\Macro3d\Testing\Intel\12.24.2016\12.24.Console1\12.24.Console1\x64\Release\12.24.Console1.lib"  libadvisor.lib

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Where is the file libadvisor.lib located? Is the project configured to make the linker look in the containing directory?

0 Kudos
Ralph_Nelson
Novice

Have done a search on all drives, it ain't there.  Where is it suppose to be?  Searches on web didn't help.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This might be part of Intel Advisor XE, a component of some editions of Intel Parallel Studio XE.

0 Kudos
Ralph_Nelson
Novice

Thanks Steve, I'll try to find and download.

0 Kudos
Ralph_Nelson
Novice

You have to have the professional version of XE or download separate.

0 Kudos