Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

compatible compiler version

Scott_L_
New Contributor I

I would like to assure that we are using exactly the same intel fortran & C++ compiler release in windows 7 and Linux.

The windows compiler version we have is:

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 1 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows*   Package ID: w_comp_lib_2017.1.143

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 1 Composer Edition for C++ Windows*   Package ID: w_comp_lib_2017.1.143

Can I find out which specific Linux intel fortran is compatible with windows ifort 2017.1.143?    We have been given Linux ifort 17.0.1 (update 1).   Is this the same release as 2017.1.143 on windows?   If not, is the correct compatible version available for download?

thanks

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-compiler-and-composer-update-version-numbers-to-compiler-version-number-mapping

What you have on Windows is actually 17.0.1.143. The equivalent Linux compiler is 17.0.1.132 (Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 1). Both of these are more than two years old, but yes, you have the correct Linux compiler.

0 Kudos