Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

compiler option to display verbose information

John_P_10
Beginner

I saw this on some other forum where Steve mentioned an option on the compiler to list include paths that the compiler was using.  I completely forgot that option.  Anyone know what that is by chance?  Having issues of the compiler not picking up compiled mod files.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The listing file (/list) has the full INCLUDE path.

0 Kudos
John_P_10
Beginner

Steve,

I guess I am a bit lost on what you mean by a listing file.  I added the /list to the Fortran->CommandLine->Additional Options, but don't see anything in the output directory.

Also I was referring to an option you pass to the compiler and fpp to see more verbose output on what it was doing.  I had it, but completely forgot what the option was when things started working earlier this week.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

/verbose is a linking option BTW

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Listing File is an option under Fortran > Output FIles. But if you added /list you should see a .lst file in the output directory.

The option to see what is on the command line is: /watch  But I think the listing file is the better approach as it shows you the full paths.

0 Kudos
John_P_10
Beginner

Steve,

I put the /list expecting to see the lst file in the output directory as you instructed, but still am not seeing the file.  Please remember I am using XE 13.0.1.119 since I finally got contracts to order a license so I can download the patches for it.

The /watch worked perfectly.

John

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Oh, sorry I missed that. /list is not supported in that version. User /#x or /watch instead.

0 Kudos
John_P_10
Beginner

thanks

0 Kudos
John_P_10
Beginner

Steve, btw I did discover that the /list option did work.  The lst file was not in the input directory but was in the same directory as the project itself.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos