Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

dialog controls

rande22
Beginner

i am new to the Intel Visual Fortran developer system, and have no local support help for

my problems, which I am trying to resolve one step at a time.  I have been able to compile

and link my legacy Fortran program, but now have a new problem.  when trying to run the

executable, a small widow appears with -

TODO:  Place dialog controls here.

I have no clue what this means.

- RonA

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

A "legacy Fortran program" should not be trying to display a dialog. My guess is that you selected the "Windowing Application" project type when what you wanted was "Windows Console Application". Create a new project of that type (choose "empty project", add your source file to it, ad it should work better.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

I suspect that the programmer who wrote the code (which you have not shown us) was tired, and put in "TODO" as a placeholder to which (s)he could come back to when starting the next session. Look in the source code for that string, and replace it with whatever is appropriate.

rande22
Beginner

found the text.  it is in a VS-created file ib507p2.rc which is supposed to be the

set of resources used by the program.  full text is included.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

A "legacy Fortran program" should not be trying to display a dialog. My guess is that you selected the "Windowing Application" project type when what you wanted was "Windows Console Application". Create a new project of that type (choose "empty project", add your source file to it, ad it should work better.

View solution in original post

rande22
Beginner

Choosing a different Empty Project type was the answer.

Thank you, Mr. Lionel