Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

establishqq using default options

ereisch
New Contributor II

It seems with the newer versions of the compiler (I'm using 19.1.1.217), when you compile a routine with "-assume nounderscore" and that routine has a block that looks like this:

USE IFESTABLISH
IMPLICIT NONE
INTEGER(INT_PTR_KIND())  :: DUMMY2, DUMMY3
PROCEDURE(ESTABLISHQQ_HANDLER) :: FORRTL_TRAP
PROCEDURE(ESTABLISHQQ_HANDLER), POINTER :: DUMMY
RETVAL = ESTABLISHQQ( FORRTL_TRAP, DUMMY2, DUMMY, DUMMY3 )

...it is now reverting to default attributes for the referenced function, and is attempting to resolve "forrtl_trap_" (with the trailing underscore), even though "-assume nounderscore" is specified in the build arguments.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ereisch
New Contributor II

After further investigation, this appears to be from the new inclusion of the

!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DEFAULT :: establishqq_handler

line in ifestablish.f90.  The same line for "establishqq" was missing for awhile (and looks like it has been finally added), but I question whether the "ATTRIBUTES DEFAULT" should be in there for the handler routine abstract prototype.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, that attribute needs to be there or else you could have set calling conventions different from what ESTABLISHQQ requires. I could argue that for abstract interfaces it should not affect external names, since an abstract interface has no external name. An oversight, in my opinion.

0 Kudos