Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

kumar__adarsh
Beginner

Hi,

I am new to using intel fortan compilers and Visual Studio environment ,but i needed to run a Fortan code,

so I was trying to run my F77 code using Visual Studio 2015,but i get stuck with the run time error showing

.exe has triggered a breakpoint.(MAC_CODE is the project name)

The system triggers a break/continue option,when i continue my code is exited.

I checked there are no compilation errors,in the error list.

The output panel shows the following msg:

'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\adars\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\MAC_CODE_1\MAC_CODE_1\Debug\MAC_CODE_1.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.245\windows\redist\ia32_win\compiler\libifcoremdd.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imagehlp.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbase.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.245\windows\redist\ia32_win\compiler\libmmdd.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbased.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vcruntime140d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.245\windows\redist\ia32_win\compiler\libmmd.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'MAC_CODE_1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dbghelp.dll'. Symbols loaded.
MAC_CODE_1.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

The thread 0x3af4 has exited with code 24 (0x18).
The thread 0xe8 has exited with code 24 (0x18).
The thread 0x385c has exited with code 24 (0x18).
The program '[8768] MAC_CODE_1.exe' has exited with code 24 (0x18).

and console prompt behind reads:

forrtl: severe (24): end-of-file during read, unit 1, file C:\Users\adars\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\MAC_CODE_1\MAC_CODE_1\result1
Image              PC        Routine            Line        Source
libifcoremdd.dll   5D5F3C25  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
libifcoremdd.dll   5D63C13F  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
MAC_CODE_1.exe     000D3CAF  _MAIN__                    20  out_m.f
MAC_CODE_1.exe     000D69E3  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
MAC_CODE_1.exe     000D8DFE  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
MAC_CODE_1.exe     000D8CE0  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
MAC_CODE_1.exe     000D8B8D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
MAC_CODE_1.exe     000D8E18  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
KERNEL32.DLL       758C8494  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
ntdll.dll          77E641C8  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
ntdll.dll          77E64198  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
Press any key to continue . . .

It might be the case that i have placed some of the data files in the wrong folders,as eariler i was having a error due to misplacing my .f source files in wrong folder,a error I then resolved using a earlier post in the forum.

I could post my zip folder if needed.

Thanks to anyone for replying in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jacob__Samuel
Beginner

Click on the taskbar icon for the console window to bring it forward. A common error is an array bounds violation, but there are other possibilities. What does the message in the console window say?

Thanks,

Samuel

https://microsoftlivesupport.com

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

kumar, adarsh wrote:

and console prompt behind reads:

forrtl: severe (24): end-of-file during read, unit 1, file C:\Users\adars\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\MAC_CODE_1\MAC_CODE_1\result1
Image              PC        Routine            Line        Source
libifcoremdd.dll   5D5F3C25  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
libifcoremdd.dll   5D63C13F  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
MAC_CODE_1.exe     000D3CAF  _MAIN__                    20  out_m.f

Have you checked your code in out_m.f, especially around line 20?  The above traceback suggests an 'end-of-file' error during READ from the file.  You can refer to documentation by Intel on READ statement and look at options on how to control the IO transfer and avoid such an error:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/fortran-compiler-developer-guide-and-reference-read-statement

0 Kudos