Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mkl_intel_lp64.lib

mmavro
Novice

I am trying to compile a program using Microsoft visual studio and intel fortran compiler and I have the following issue:
'LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mkl_intel_lp64.lib'

Can you please help me with that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mmavro
Novice

Thank you both for your replies. The issue was that the system couldn't find the mkl library because it was simple not installed. 

It is the first time I am using oneAPI and I installed directly the HPC kit without installing the base kit (i thought the base kit was included in the HPC kit).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

Have you added that library with an appropriate path to the list of additional dependencies? My Intel oneAPI installation has it in: c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2021.4.0\lib\intel64\

0 Kudos
Chandubhusan
Beginner

Can you please provide the steps of how to do it?

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

@Chandubhusan, I suggest you post your question with the error message and a way to reproduce your issue on the MKL Forum. Here's the link.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There is another circumstance in which the reported error message may be expected. If a source file was compiled for 64-bit and the project/compiler had MKL usage selected, the OBJ file may contain a reference to mkl_intel_lp64.lib.

If a subsequent 32-bit build attempts to use that 64-bit OBJ file, the linker will note the reference to the library in the OBJ file and issue the error message. A more helpful error message that the linker could have issued would be something similar to "attempted linking of 64-bit OBJ file in 32-bit build".

0 Kudos
mmavro
Novice

Thank you both for your replies. The issue was that the system couldn't find the mkl library because it was simple not installed. 

It is the first time I am using oneAPI and I installed directly the HPC kit without installing the base kit (i thought the base kit was included in the HPC kit).

0 Kudos