Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

how to set application version number

Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

Google tells me this is on the Application Tab.  I'm using visual studio 2019 and 2010, and in neither can I find the Application Tab.  If it's the pages of the project properties form, it's well hidden.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

What you need to is create a version resource.

1. In your project, select Project > Add New Item... Resource File
  2. The resource editor will open, with Resource1.rc at the top of the tree (not the tab that has the filename. Right click on Resource1.rc and select Add Resource. Select Version, then click New.
  3. The version resource will open. You can double-click on any of the values and edit them. The File Version and Product Version are the ones of major interest. You can also edit Company Name, File Description and Legal Copyright.

I see that there are two different File Versions and Product Versions. Best to set them both - I don't know why they are different.

0 Kudos
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

Thanks bunches, Steve.  And on Sunday, too!  That's exactly what I needed, and it worked great. :)

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Eh, Sunday, Thursday, they’re all pretty much the same to me in retirement! Some days I am not even sure which day of the week it is. Delightful!

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

>>Some days I am not even sure which day of the week it is. Delightful!

Just as long as you remember where home is.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Well the thought about Sunday got me thinking about that great Aussie Movie " The Odd Angry Shot"  - very good war movie, and then I moved to beer, of which there is none in the frig, which means it is a bad day, and the the bad day thought led to Python - so I had a program count the Python files on my computer -- 60000.  Yes I am bored.

I was waiting for a Fortran program to execute, it creates DXF files so they are big and slow. 

It appears I must use Python and never know it. It is in everything. 

Now the code is finished so I will look at the results. 

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

>>Now the code is finished so I will look at the results.

Restock the frig first.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Roger that - completed 

The problem is the huge FEM data files that are text files created easiily in Fortran - reviewing them gets to be interesting when they are millions of lines long - and there is a simple error - usually ******* where a format fails

thankfully there is VEDIT. 

0 Kudos