Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifort 17 beta - ICE

AShte
Beginner

ifort -c -coarray cgca_m3gbf.f90
cgca_m3gbf.f90(116): catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for cgca_m3gbf.f90 (code 1)

The file a part of a coarray library:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cgpack/code/HEAD/tree/head/cgca_m3gbf.f90

ifort --version
ifort (IFORT) 17.0.0 20160315

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the report. I have to resolve module dependencies from other source files to be able to reproduce the error. I believe that I have what I need to get started.

0 Kudos
AShte
Beginner

yes, unfortunately, it would take me a while to reduce this to a single problem file. If you can work with the library - great! Forgot to add, this is a regression, worked fine with ifort (IFORT) 16.0.2 20160204.

Many thanks

Anton

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

It appears to be failing around line 116, and Kevin, I have a reproducer without mod files, although it's not tiny yet.

thanks for the report, Anton --

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you Lorri.

Anton - We are tracking this under the id below and we'll keep you updated about a fix and a work around if available.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200412480)

0 Kudos
AShte
Beginner

Lorri, Kevin, hi!

Thank you for looking into this.

Anton

0 Kudos
luiceur
Beginner

Hi Lorri and Kevin,

I can also reproduce this error with ifort --version
ifort (IFORT) 17.0.0 20160721

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Anton and Luis, this internal error was just fixed in our latest PSXE 2017 Update 1 so please upgrade at your convenience to obtain the fix.

The reduced test case Lorri created now compiles successfully with update 1.

$ ifort -V
Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 17.0.1.132 Build 20161005
Copyright (C) 1985-2016 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

$ ifort -c -coarray cq412480.f90
$

0 Kudos