Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

ifort 17 beta - ICE

AShte
Beginner

ifort -c -coarray cgca_m3gbf.f90
cgca_m3gbf.f90(116): catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for cgca_m3gbf.f90 (code 1)

The file a part of a coarray library:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cgpack/code/HEAD/tree/head/cgca_m3gbf.f90

ifort --version
ifort (IFORT) 17.0.0 20160315

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the report. I have to resolve module dependencies from other source files to be able to reproduce the error. I believe that I have what I need to get started.

AShte
Beginner

yes, unfortunately, it would take me a while to reduce this to a single problem file. If you can work with the library - great! Forgot to add, this is a regression, worked fine with ifort (IFORT) 16.0.2 20160204.

Many thanks

Anton

Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

It appears to be failing around line 116, and Kevin, I have a reproducer without mod files, although it's not tiny yet.

thanks for the report, Anton --

--Lorri

Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you Lorri.

Anton - We are tracking this under the id below and we'll keep you updated about a fix and a work around if available.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200412480)

AShte
Beginner

Lorri, Kevin, hi!

Thank you for looking into this.

Anton

luiceur
Beginner

Hi Lorri and Kevin,

I can also reproduce this error with ifort --version
ifort (IFORT) 17.0.0 20160721

Regards,

Luis

Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Anton and Luis, this internal error was just fixed in our latest PSXE 2017 Update 1 so please upgrade at your convenience to obtain the fix.

The reduced test case Lorri created now compiles successfully with update 1.

$ ifort -V
Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 17.0.1.132 Build 20161005
Copyright (C) 1985-2016 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

$ ifort -c -coarray cq412480.f90
$