Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifort: command line remark #10411: option '-openmp' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.

Vijay_K_1
Beginner

Hello All, I have been facing and issue with respect to Intel Fortran complier while compiling a program called TIEGCM. Which is an open source application.

/opt/intel17/compilers_and_libraries_2017.0.098/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpif90 -fc=ifort -r8 -heap-arrays -I. -I/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src -I/usr/local/netcdf-4.1.3/include -I/opt/esmf/esmf/DEFAULTINSTALLDIR/mod/modO/Linux.intel.64.mpiuni.default -I/opt/esmf/esmf/DEFAULTINSTALLDIR/include  -O3  -DLINUX  -DMPI  -c -o output.o /opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/output.F
ifort: command line remark #10411: option '-openmp' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the replacement option '-qopenmp'
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(437): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [RHO]
     |  diags(ix)%units,rho,diags(ix)%levels,lev0,lev1,
------------------------^
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(459): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [QJI_TN]
     |  diags(ix)%units,qji_tn(lev0:lev1-1,lon0:lon1),diags(ix)%levels,
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(494): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [TEC]
     |  diags(ix)%units,tec(:),'lon',lon0,lon1,'lat',lat,lat,0)
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(520): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [UI]
     |    diags(ix)%units, ui(:,:,lat),diags(ix)%levels,
---------------------------^
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(548): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [VI]
     |    diags(ix)%units, vi(:,:,lat),diags(ix)%levels,
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(576): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [WI]
     |    diags(ix)%units, wi(:,:,lat),diags(ix)%levels,
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(599): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [TOTAL_HEAT]
     |  diags(ix)%units,total_heat(lev0:lev1-1,:),diags(ix)%levels,
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(621): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [CO2_COOL]
     |  diags(ix)%units,co2_cool,diags(ix)%levels,lev0,lev1,
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(643): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [NO_COOL]
     |  diags(ix)%units,no_cool,diags(ix)%levels,lev0,lev1,
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(666): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [SIGMAPED]
     |  diags(ix)%units,sigmaped(lev0:lev1-1,lon0:lon1),
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(689): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [SIGMAHAL]
     |  diags(ix)%units,sigmahal(lev0:lev1-1,lon0:lon1),
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(711): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [LAMDAPED]
     |  diags(ix)%units,lamdaped(lev0:lev1-1,lon0:lon1),
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(733): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [LAMDAHAL]
     |  diags(ix)%units,lamdahal(lev0:lev1-1,lon0:lon1),
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(759): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.
     |    diags(iex)%units,exyz*100.,diags(iex)%levels,lev0,lev1,'lon',
-------------------------------^
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(763): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.
     |    diags(iey)%units,exyz*100.,diags(iey)%levels,lev0,lev1,'lon',
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(767): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.
     |    diags(iez)%units,exyz*100.,diags(iez)%levels,lev0,lev1,'lon',
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(792): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [BXYZ]
     |    diags(ibx)%units,bxyz,'lon',lon0,lon1,'lat',lat,lat,0)
/opt/tiegcm2.0/tiegcm_trunk/src/diags.F(795): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.   [BXYZ]
     |    diags(iby)%units,bxyz,'lon',lon0,lon1,'lat',lat,lat,0)

It goes on ...

Kindly Help !!

I

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

>>error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.

Has nothing to do with -openmp.

Can you show the complete Fortran statement that is producing the error?

|  diags(ix)%units,rho,diags(ix)%levels,lev0,lev1,

Appears to be a Fixed Format continuation line.

Note, also show the subroutine/function declaration and/or interface.

This error appears when the argument on a CALL (or function use) does not match the argument type/rank/size specified in the subroutine/function.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

What are you asking for help with?

The initial remark about -openmp should be self-explanatory. Because of the confusion with -o we have created an alternate option -qopenmp we suggest you use instead.

The remaining errors suggest coding errors in the application where arguments passed to procedures don't follow the language rules for how they should match in "type, kind and rank" with the called procedure. You evidently have the source for this application so you should match up the arguments and see how they are declared.

0 Kudos
loza__nayelli
Beginner

Good day!

I contact you because I am having issues when the HWRF-GSI compilation process.

I am using  INTEL IFORT, ICC, ICPC VERSION 19.1.1.217

the system indicates the following error: 

ifort: command line error: option '-openmp' is not supported. Please use the replacement option '-qopenmp'

I am looking for all kinds of bibliography and forums but I have not been able to find a possible solution to resolve it yet.    

Can you help me or have any idea for possible solution?.

Thank you very much for your support.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The error message tells you exactly what to do. Is it unclear?

Several years ago, Intel removed the -openmp option because it conflicted with -o. The spelling is now -qopenmp. Edit your build script and change any reference of -openmp to -qopenmp.

0 Kudos
loza__nayelli
Beginner

Good day, 

Thank you very much for reply my message, yes the error message is unclear it doesn´t say exactly what I have to do.

Ok!!! Thank you very much for your support I' ll try to change in the makefile the reference of -openmp to -qopenmp.

Greetings!

0 Kudos