Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

ifort installed but command not found

costa__alisson
Beginner

Hi there

I'm needing the intell compiler for fortran, ifort, to run a program on linux (ubuntu 16.04), the program only runs with this compiler, as there are some modules that do not perform well with gfortran.

Then I installed the program downloaded by this link (https://software.intel.com/en-us/parallel-studio-xe/choose-download) following the steps described in this installation tutorial, https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1082782.

I followed it to step 11 and tried to run the program and the message appeared:

ifort: Command not found.

In executing steps 12 and 13 of the tutorial I did not find the 'Compiler' directory and the subsequent ones. Is that why the ifort was not found ?

does anyone know how I can solve the ifort installation problem by following the steps in the link ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

Did you do a custom install? e.g. specified a special installation directory? Did you source the compilervars?

0 Kudos
costa__alisson
Beginner

no, I did not do a custom installation, I performed a default installation. What means do source the compilervars ?

I'm new in ubuntu.

Thanks in advance for you help

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Did you install the current version of the Intel Fortran compiler, or did you actually install the 8-9 year old 11.0 compiler? For each release of the compiler, Intel provides release notes that provide complete information on prerequisites, installation and utilization.

The purpose of sourcing the start-up script compilervars.sh is to make the modified environment apply to the current shell. You should become familiar with the underlying concepts if you plan to do development in Linux.

0 Kudos
costa__alisson
Beginner

I installed the current version of the Intel Fortran compiler

0 Kudos
ali__qais
Beginner

I downloaded parallel studio xe 2019 and installed intel fortran only among 14 options of other compilers, Intel Fortran compiler for Intel (R) and IA-32 component are installed successfully but when I run my program that required Intel Fortran as a compiler then I get an error.

0 Kudos