Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifort: warning #10182: disabling optimization; runtime debug checks enabled

Le_Callet__Morgan_M

I recently increased the size of some static array and now get the following warning.

I tried changing  my array to dynamic array for the file in question but to no avail.

My configuration is as follow:

vs2010

Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 14.0.1.139 [Intel(R) 64].

I now got it in a state where even when compiling an empty file (no code or empty subroutine code) it also fires this warning.

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Now I think the answer is easier :-)

If you are building in the DEBUG configuration, then by default all the "check" options are turned on.

You can see this for yourself by looking at the build log, and seeing what command line options are being passed to 'ifort'.

This solves the mystery of why you get the message; now I have a question for you --- is it causing any sorts of problems for you?

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Le_Callet__Morgan_M

Thanks Lorri, I confirm that I am building in release.

The issue I am facing is that the subroutine is not doing lots of io in release and gets stuck.

In debug the program runs but very slowly.

Do you know why even an empty file gives out the warning?

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Yes.

The warning comes out because both /check:stack and /O3 are set, and that message is issued even before the compiler starts reading the source file.

If this is really really bothering you, go to Project->Settings->Fortran->Run-time, and turn off Check Stack Frame.

I'm puzzled though, because this is not set (by default) in the RELEASE configuration.  Is this something you've set to try and debug your I/O problems?

0 Kudos
Le_Callet__Morgan_M

Many thanks Lorri, indeed that was the issue. Many thanks

0 Kudos