Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

installation Parallel studio XE 2017

zhao__qiao
Beginner

I have Microsoft Visual Studio 20015 installed and I have been trying to install Parallel Studio XE 2017 but I always get Error 1316. Le compte specifié existe déjà.

I'm using the student licence valable for one year. And my computer system is Window 10...

I had a sucessful installation in october 2016 but I got it uninstalled because the connextion with VS fails.

Has someone had similar problems?? It is due to my previous uninstallation?

Thank you very much.

Qiao

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Sounds like you may be experiencing this same issue reported here.

Can you try what is prescribed in that post about running the setup.exe for the version you installed back in Oct. 2016 and try uninstalling again. Perhaps the uninstall you did earlier was not complete.

0 Kudos
zhao__qiao
Beginner

Thank you for the response.

However, using my installation package Package ID: w_psxe_p_2017.0.036, when I lauch the setup.exe, it does not ask me whether I want to install or uninstall Intel Fortran......

I don't know if there are other solutions?

Qiao

0 Kudos
zhao__qiao
Beginner

When I look at the register editor, I can see:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PSIS

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intel\Indeo and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intel\Suites

Do you think that these register should be deleted?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Please do not touch registry entries. That can dig a deeper hole.

Best at this point for us to gather installation logs from your system and let us look at those before you go any further. To do this, in a File Explorer window type %TEMP% in the address bar and then look for a folder with a name starting with pset_ and ending with your username. Inside this pset_ will be folders from recent install attempts - zip up the latest one for which you remember receiving the error you noted in your original post, and then please send me the zip file in a private reply.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the logs. As noted in private, the error appears related to failed attempts at removing some 11.0 Fortran integrations. I will keep you updated about information/next steps that I receive from our Installation Developers.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200416898)

(Resolution Update on 02/11/2017): Issue resolved by user removing 11.0.066 VS integrations via the installation Modify option.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The underlying issue did involve remnants of the 11.0.066 integrations still being present. Once removed using the IVF 11.0.066 installation modify option, the PSXE 2017 installation succeeded.

0 Kudos
小奎_孙_
Beginner

我的客户需求是Parallel Studio XE 2017 Cluster版本的这个软件,客户的使用平台是UNIX,请问这个怎么订货?请联系我,我电话13519101753

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you Google translate: “My customer needs is Parallel Studio XE 2017 Cluster version of this software, the customer's platform is UNIX, how does this order? Please contact me, my phone 13519101753”

We do not support UNIX. We support Linux. Detailed product information and links to resellers is available at: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe

0 Kudos