Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28591 Discussions

libiomp5.so problem after updating to Ubuntu 9.04

lessonfree
Beginner
I just update my Ubuntu to 9.04. and I'm getting message after
./t62
./t62: error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

no errors during compilation(ifort -openmp -o t62 t62.f90)

I'm using 11.0 / 074
libiomp5.so seems to be in directory /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/lib/intel64
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Did you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH (recommended way is by source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/ifortvars.sh,
same as when compiling).
Maybe you have an old fixed path in your setup.
0 Kudos
lessonfree
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
Did you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH (recommended way is by source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/ifortvars.sh,
same as when compiling).
It works until I restart the computer. How to make it permanent?
0 Kudos
lessonfree
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
same as when compiling).

Secondly. If I upgraded OS, does it mean that all my libraries were connected to the old core?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - lessonfree

Secondly. If I upgraded OS, does it mean that all my libraries were connected to the old core?
Maybe you had the source command for the compiler in a login script, such as .profile. Such things might be disturbed with the upgrade. If you upgraded the compiler, you may have several versions installed; if you were pointing to an older version of the shared libraries at run time, it may have worked up to a point.
If you used another mechanism, such as ldconfig, it very likely got changed without recognizing Intel software in the OS upgrade. You would have to update it with the current Intel library directory. I suppose it's easy to get messed up with software upgrades if using ldconfig.

0 Kudos
lessonfree
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
Maybe you had the source command for the compiler in a login script, such as .profile. Such things might be disturbed with the upgrade. If you upgraded the compiler, you may have several versions installed; if you were pointing to an older version of the shared libraries at run time, it may have worked up to a point.
If you used another mechanism, such as ldconfig, it very likely got changed without recognizing Intel software in the OS upgrade. You would have to update it with the current Intel library directory. I suppose it's easy to get messed up with software upgrades if using ldconfig.

how to find out? and how fix it?

0 Kudos
lessonfree
Beginner
Quoting - tim18

I did not upgrade the compiler, I have upgrade only for Ubuntu(to 9.04). How about reinstallation of the compiler? If so how to remove it?
I'm probably asking too many questions, but I really do not know much about Linux.
0 Kudos
lessonfree
Beginner
Quoting - tim18

file ld.so.conf in /etc
consist only one line
include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

0 Kudos