Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

make: ifort: command not found

Runli_L_
Beginner

I intalled fortran on my linux computer, when trying to intall FPLO, after typing command make, it returned ifort: commmand not found, so I used this code: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh ia32         according to the solutions I found online.

Then it returned

/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 33: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 34: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 36: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 37: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 38: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 39: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 40: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 41: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 42: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 43: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 44: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 45: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 46: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 47: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh: typeset: not found
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh: 13: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/ipp/bin/ippvars.sh: [[: not found

I am not sure how to solve this problem, is it possible anyone could give me some help on this? Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The command to use is:

source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin/compilervars.sh ia32 

In some shells, use dot (.) instead of "source", but make sure there is a space after the dot.

Most likely you also want "intel64" instead of "ia32" unless you are on a 32-bit system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The command to use is:

In some shells, use dot (.) instead of "source", but make sure there is a space after the dot.

Most likely you also want "intel64" instead of "ia32" unless you are on a 32-bit system.

0 Kudos
Runli_L_
Beginner

Steve Lionel (Intel) wrote:

The command to use is:

Thank you so much that worked. 

0 Kudos
anand_b_
Beginner

hello,

I have installed Intel fortran parallel_studio_xe_2016_composer_edition_update1ubuntu 14.4 64-bit machine.
Installation went fine, but when i tried to compile a fortran file/ program, i get the message:

ifort: command not found.

I understand that it is related to enviornment/ bash file. i am unable to understand how to define path.  pl help and let me know what changes are required. i have installed intel64

thanks in anticipation

Regards.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

See the replies above yours for the general idea. Substitute the 2016 directory name. See the compiler documentation for more on setting up the environment.

0 Kudos